Wednesday, February 17, 2010

crying feels like the rain

I'm not sure why a good cry feels so good now and then...is it just a burst of emotion that can't be expressed any other way? I don't cry as often as I would like to. I had a good cry this morning. It feels like my heart has been rained on. Don't ask why, it isn't important...and I am still enjoying the smell of fresh rain on the pavement. Ok, well I guess this will give it away. Jeremy and I had a miscommunication...my feelings were hurt...he was disapointed...girls make things really complicated with all of the insecurites and emotions that we bring into EVERY situation. I guess why the cry felt so good is because we had a beautiful reconciliation. We rarely fight (it's even hard to call them that because it is usually an emotional discussion...there needs to be a better word for that)...but we didn't used to have great reconciliations. One of us would just bow out and give in....we took turns. A couple of months ago we had a great break through where we learned how to reconcile one to another. It is beautiful....it almost makes the miscommunication worth it. So, today there was no giving in to the other to get the discussion over, we communicated and expressed our point of views...accepted the others...apologized for our own faults...and moved on. He hugged me and affirmed me (hard for most guys to do when discussing). I melted in his arms and now feel more in love with him than yesterday. He is a good man and one who exemplifies such wisdom...this verse reminds me of him and is a reminder to me:
...but the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere... james 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment